Advanced Outdoor First Aid
3 Day Advanced Outdoor First Aid courses
Our 3 day advanced first aid courses are aimed at training outdoor professionals and travellers who operate overseas in wilderness environments that are far from help. We have approached this course with our own vast experience of leading overseas expeditions knowing what situations you are likely to face and with what kit you are likely to be carrying. To that end the course is designed for first-aiders, but because you may find yourself in some pretty remote places with few resources readily to hand, with experienced trainers leading this course we go beyond the realms of traditional first aid. We aim to give delegates on this course the skills and the confidence to face a whole host of situations from managing trauma to the very common problems of an upset stomach.
Our Advanced Outdoor First Aid training ….
- Will revalidate ALL NGB awards (eg MCI, Mountain Leader, RCI, HML, BCU, BASI ski instructor, Mountain Bike Leader, Local Cave and Mine Leader etc)
- Is suitable for school teachers/DofE leaders, HF holidays’ & Ramblers’ leaders
- Meets the standards set by the Institute of Outdoor Learning at band 4
3 Day Advanced Outdoor First Aid - course objectives
This course covers everything in our two day outdoor first aid courses but at a more advanced level and with extra content. Course objectives include:
- Pre-trip planning with a view to managing medical emergencies
- Vital Signs – how to make informed decisions
- Primary and secondary surveys
- Airway management
- Casualty monitoring
- CPR with the use of AED (defibrillators)
- Bleeding and catastrophic bleed management
- Fracture management
- Pain management considerations
- Snake bites
- Altitude sickness
- Common conditions – asthma, diabetes, seizures, strokes
- Managing sickness
- Triage first aid
Course fee includes first aid manual and first aid certificate valid for three years.
- Interactive hands on practical training indoors and out
- Use of recommended first aid kit
- Easy to follow individual course booklet
- An accredited, recognised certificate valid for 3 years
These course run from our venues in the Peak District and Sheffield.
Currently no courses are scheduled, but do get in touch if this is something you think you might like to join us for.
Want to do this course - let us know here
We are able to take group bookings for these courses. Let us know where and when you need a course running and we will happily offer you a course tailored to your needs and a competitive quote for our services. Group rates include a first aid manual and first aid certificate (valid for three years) for all participants.
- Print off your own casualty card from here
- Always know where you are with this free app: OS Locate
- Outdoor First Aid – Five items of essential first aid kit for the outdoors
- What to do in an Emergency Outdoors
- One Item Of First Aid Kit: Always Needed: The Least Appreciated
- First Aid Kit for Overseas Treks
- Dealing With Mass Casualties – Triage First Aid
- Save a Life With a Slice of Flapjack – Diabetes
- Outdoor First Aid – Giant Hogweed
- Top Tips For Footcare
- Expedition First Aid – Five things to look for in a local hospital
- Expedition and outdoor first aid – heat exhaustion
- Air Rescue and Emergency Care Capabilities in the UK
- Expedition First Aid – Diarrhoeal illness